Nowadays, the use of internet browsing is much more as earlier days. Whether it is for the office use or any simple issue to fix we take the help of internet to find things with ease. A wireless network is everywhere if you are at the office or at the home you are connected to your wireless network for the web browsing. So, it is important that we secure our wireless network with a password i.e. any third party cannot harm your personal details on your device.
The following blog will show you how to change the Wi-Fi password with the help of your Linksys router. You need to follow the step by step process to change your Wi-Fi password. Mentioned below are the steps briefly discussed to change the password of your wireless network?
But first, you need to keep in mind that Wi-Fi password is not your router’s password.
- Open a web browser and fill http://192.168.1.1 in the URL bar and click ‘enter’.
- You will be prompted to the username and password field. Fill the details in the field provided.
- The username field can be left blank and the password can be filled as ‘admin’.
- In case you have changed the password, you can fill that password instead. If your password is incorrect or you forgot the password, you need to perform the factory default to your Linksys router.
- Under the ‘wireless’ option, click on ‘wireless security’ option.
- Here you can see the network key or the password field.
- Enter your password which you need to use. For your Linksys router, there are different Wi-Fi security modes.
- After filling the password, click on ‘save’ to save your changes.
When you will change your Wi-Fi password, currently the devices which are connected to your wireless network will disconnect and you need to reconnect them by using your new password.
Hence from the above steps, you can easily change your Wi-Fi password using a Linksys router.In case, you cannot connect with your wireless network we suggest you reset your wireless network to its default settings.
To reset your Wi-Fi network into its default factory settings follows the steps given below:
- You need to find the factory reset button which will be at the back of your device.
- Then unplug the Wi-Fi points and press the factory reset button. Press and hold the button for about 10 seconds.
- It will start the reset procedure which will take almost 10 minutes to complete.
- Do not cut the power while the process is in progress.
When you reset your Wi-Fi network it will delete all the data from your Wi-Fi points. You need to perform the set up of your Wi-Fi points again when you perform a factory reset. You also need to set up your devices when you factory reset your Wi-Fi.
Thus, from the above blog, the issue about How to change Wi-Fi password Linksys router can be easily resolved. If you find any problem you can call us on our toll-free number. We will be happy to help you.